Applications for full-time faculty positions in the Spanish and Foreign Languages Departments in Universidad del Norte (Colombia)
The Instituto de Idiomas of Universidad del Norte (Barranquilla, Colombia) invites applications for full-time faculty positions in the Spanish and Foreign Languages Departments beginning January 10, 2019. Duties include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, research, and curriculum and assessment development.
The successful candidate holds a doctoral degree or will have one prior to beginning the appointment. The candidate should preferably show interest in research areas such as language theories, language learning theories discourse analysis, academic literacy development, and assessment of Spanish or foreign languages. The candidate should have teaching experience in higher education. International experience is a plus. The candidate should also demonstrate experience in project development or collaboration with research groups or research centers within and/or outside Colombia.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the positions are filled.
Contract and salary:
Appointments will be at the assistant or untenured professor level. The salary is commensurate to accredited experience, the C.V. and the standards of the University.
1. Cover letter. The letter must expressly state what the candidate's contribution to the Spanish or Foreign languages Departments of the Universidad del Norte would be.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Copies of university diplomas in the original language (undergraduate, masters, PhD). Equivalences and official translations of qualifications will be requestedat a later stage.
4. Certificate of advanced level in a foreign language(Spanish, English, German, and French preferable).
5. Certificates of employment or equivalent.
6. (Spanish Department positions only). A syllabus for an academic basic level, undergraduate Spanish course.The syllabus should be approximately 2 pages, and designed for this call.
For information about the Universidad del Norte, please visit our web site: https://www.uninorte.edu.co/web/desarrollo-academico/convocatoria-contratacion-profesores
Please send your documents to:
Spanish Department Director: Nayibe Rosado (email@example.com) with the subject line: Spanish Department Open Faculty Positions 2019
Foreign Languages Department Director: Lourdes Rey (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Foreign Languages Department Open Faculty Positions 2019.