Aiming to promote a debate about processes of socialization towards academic literacy, the symposium (E.A.022 - Academic literacy in English: pedagogical practices in times of internationalization), part of the X Simposio Internacional sobre Estudios de Géneros Textuales (SIGET), welcomes presentations on pedagogical interventions and/or socialization initiatives which have a clear relationship between theory and practice.
- Pedagogical experiences that promoted academic literacy in higher education
- Undergraduate/postgraduate students´ academic literacy learning process
- Critical socialization to the conventions of the discourse community
- Challenges to promote academic literacy in higher education
- Undergraduate /postgraduate students´ reaction to the conventions of the international publication
- General writing skills and its relationship with academic literacy
Abstracts can be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish and the language for presentation can also be negotiated during the symposium.
X SIGET will take place on 16th, 17th, 18th September 2019 at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina.
Submission deadline: May 19
Questions at: Profa. Dra. Marília Mendes Ferreira (email@example.com)